Terms Of Service
DBK Ventures, Inc. dba Shanidar (“Company”) values your privacy and is committed to maintaining your trust. The Company owns and manages the website located at https://brinkapp.co (the "Website"), and all related interactive features, widgets, and/or other online services that post a link to this Terms of Service, and all content offered as a part thereof (collectively, the "Services").
The Company’s mission is to make voting easy for everyone in the United States. When you use our Website or App, you will know when to register, where you vote, who and what you're voting for -- everything you need to make election day a breeze. With fully accessible tools and completely nonpartisan information, the Website and App can be your hub of information for voting.
We provide information regarding:
- Registration. We will help you with questions such as what you need to register to vote in your state, how to register, and what happens if you moved since your last vote. We'll give you everything you need to know to make sure your vote gets counted.
- Your Ballot. We will help you with questions such as who you can vote for in this year’s election, what measures you are voting on in this election, and how these measures may affect you. We provide links to campaign sites and local newspapers so that you can educate yourself regarding the issues.
- Your Vote. On election day, our tools will find your nearest polling place, give you directions to get there, and let you know what you need to bring with you to vote.
- Ready for 2020. Our election day guide explains how to make sure your right to vote is respected and you get a voice in your government.
- Selected Merchandise. We offer the opportunity to purchase related merchandise (i.e., shirts, caps, pins, etc.) through a third-party merchandiser.
Effective Date. This Agreement is effective (“Effective Date”) on the date you first access or use the Services and/or the Website, whichever is earlier.
End User License Agreement. For clarity, this Agreement does not apply to use of the Company’s mobile app, which is governed by a separate End User License Agreement, which is accessible through the app.
Payments. You may place orders and purchase merchandise through the Website or App. If you purchase merchandise through our Website or App, you represent and warrant that all information you provide in connection with your purchase of Paid Services is true and accurate. The Company is not responsible for fulfilling any orders for which you provided information that is deceptive or incomplete, as determined by the Company. You shall select the applicable payment method and pay the fees set forth on the confirmation page for your purchase.
Termination. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Website or Services, generally, if you violate these Terms of Service or for any reason or no reason at any time.
However, we will not be liable to you for compensation, reimbursement, or damages in connection with your use of the Website and/or Services, or in connection with any termination or suspension of the Website and/or Services. Any termination of these Terms of Service does not relieve you of any obligations to pay any Fees or costs accrued prior to the termination and any other amounts owed by you to us, as provided in these Terms of Service.
Fees/Payment Processing. Users of the Paid Services and purchasers of merchandise will be required to provide their credit card or bank account details to the Company to process payment(s). The Company collects, analyzes and relays information to allow the service provider to process these payment(s).
You authorize us to process payment(s) for selected merchandise, using the payment information you have supplied. Specifically, you will be required to provide your credit card or bank account details to the Company and/or the third-party service provider, and/or register with the third-party service provider to process payment(s) for the Services. You agree to provide the Company and/or the third-party service provider with accurate and complete information about you and/or your business; and you authorize the Company to share it and any transaction information related to your use of the Services and/or Website with the third-party service provider for the purpose of processing payment(s), including but not limited to the service fees owed to Company for the use of the Service.
The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion (but not the obligation), to: (i) place on hold any payment and out of pocket expenses; and/or (ii) refund, provide credits or arrange for the third-party service provider to do so, as necessary.
If you believe a payment has been processed in error, you must provide written notice to the Company within thirty (30) days after the date of payment specifying the nature of the error and the amount in dispute. If notice is not received by the Company within such thirty (30) day period, the payment will be deemed final and valid.
The Company is not liable for any losses relating to chargebacks, fraudulent charges, or other actions by any User that are deceptive, fraudulent or otherwise invalid. By using the Services, you hereby release the Company from any liability arising from fraudulent actions. You will also use best efforts to promptly notify the Company of any fraudulent actions which may affect the Services. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the account of any User that engages in, or enables any other User to engage in, fraudulent actions.
While the Company takes what it believes to be reasonable efforts to ensure secure transmission of your information to the third-party service provider that assesses and processes payment(s), the Company is not responsible for any fees or charges assessed by third party service providers, or any errors in the processing of payment(s) by third party service providers, including any errors that result from third-party negligence, improper transmission of payment information, your mistaken submission of payment information, or your submission of erroneous payment information. Your sole recourse is with the third-party service provider which processed the payment(s).
Links to this Website. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to create hyperlinks to the Website and/or Services, so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any trademarks, (b) the links and the content on your website do not suggest any affiliation with the Company or cause any other confusion, and (c) the links and the content on your website do not portray the Company or its products or Services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party or are otherwise objectionable to the Company. The Company reserves the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Website and/or Services for any reason, in its sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third party.
In addition, any trademarks, service marks and logos associated with a Third Party Offering may be the property of the third party provider, and you should consult with their trademark guidelines before using any of their marks.
Any information and data that you submit to the Website or in connection with the Services must not violate the intellectual property rights of third parties.
No Submission of Unsolicited Ideas and/or Materials. In your communications with the Company, please keep in mind that we do not seek any unsolicited ideas or materials for products or services, or even suggested improvements to products or services, including, without limitation, ideas, concepts, inventions, or designs for music, websites, apps, books, scripts, screenplays, motion pictures, television shows, theatrical productions, software or otherwise (collectively, "Unsolicited Ideas and Materials"). Any Unsolicited Ideas and Materials you post on or send to us via the Website are deemed User Content and licensed to us as set forth below. In addition, Company retains all of the rights held by members of the general public with regard to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials. The Company’s receipt of your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials is not an admission by the Company of their novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not impair the Company’s right to contest existing or future intellectual property rights relating to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials.
Disputes with Third Parties. You are solely responsible for resolving disputes regarding ownership or access to your data, including those involving any third-parties who you have granted access to our Website or Services on your behalf. You acknowledge and agree that the Company has no obligation whatsoever to resolve or intervene in such disputes.
HIPAA. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) imposes rules to protect certain personal health information. You should not share any protected health information, or any information that relates to the past, present or future physical or mental health or condition of an individual; the provision of health care to an individual; or the past, present or future payment for the provision of health care to an individual. The Services and this Website are not intended to be used to communicate protected health information, nor comply with HIPAA. If you do share any protected health information, you do so at your own risk.
Disclaimer/No Warranties. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND/OR THIS WEBSITE.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR THIS WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT THE SERVICES ARE OR WILL REMAIN UPDATED, COMPLETE OR CORRECT, OR THAT THE SERVICES AND/OR WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICES AVAILABLE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE INTERNET, OTHER TRANSMISSION NETWORKS, AND YOUR LOCAL NETWORK AND EQUIPMENT) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
THE SERVICES AND ANY PRODUCTS AND THIRD PARTY MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND SOLELY FOR YOUR USE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
ALL DISCLAIMERS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT) ARE MADE ON BEHALF OF BOTH THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “THE COMPANY PARTIES”).
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company and its affiliates from and against any and all third party claims alleged or asserted against any of them, and all related charges, damages and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising from or relating to: (a) any actual or alleged breach of any provisions of this Agreement; (b) any access to or use of the Services and/or Website; (c) any actual or alleged violation by you, an affiliate, or end User of the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of a third party; and (d) any dispute between you and another party and/or User regarding ownership of or access to your data.
No Liability. THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, BY THE TRANSMISSION OF CARDHOLDER DATA PRIOR TO ITS ENCRYPTION AND RECEIPT BY SERVER(S) OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE COMPANY. THE EXCLUDED DAMAGES WILL INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM FRAUD, EMBEZZLEMENT, THEFT, IDENTITY THEFT, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY, COLLECTIVELY, FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE FEES PAID PRECEDING THE DATE OF THE INCIDENT. ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT) APPLY WITH RESPECT TO BOTH THE COMPANY AND THE COMPANY PARTIES.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, OR FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR OPPORTUNITIES, COST OF DATA RECONSTRUCTION, COST OR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICES OR THIRD PARTY OFFERINGS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, ANY INTERRUPTION, INACCURACY, ERROR OR OMISSION, EVEN IF THE COMPANY, ITS LICENSORS OR SUBCONTRACTORS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES.
THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE BETWEEN USERS RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES (ACTUAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, CONTINGENT OR LIQUIDATED, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY DISPUTE OR INTERACTIONS WITH ANY OTHER USER, WHETHER ONLINE OR IN PERSON, WHETHER RELATED TO THE PROVISION OF SERVICES OR OTHERWISE.
THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Choice of Law. These Terms of Service and the relationship between you and the Company shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Informal Dispute Resolution. We want to address your concerns without needing a formal legal case. Before filing a claim against the Company, you agree to try to resolve the Dispute informally by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll try to resolve the Dispute informally by contacting you through email. If a dispute is not resolved within 15 days after submission, you or the Company may bring a formal proceeding.
- We Both Agree To Arbitrate. You and the Company agree to resolve any Disputes through final and binding arbitration, except as set forth under Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate below.
- Opt-out of Agreement to Arbitrate. You can decline this agreement to arbitrate by contacting email@example.com within 30 days of first accepting these Terms of Service and stating that you (include your first and last name) decline this arbitration agreement.
- Arbitration Procedures: The American Arbitration Association (AAA) will administer the arbitration under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes. The arbitration will be held in Contra Costa, California, or any other location we agree to.
- Arbitration Fees. The AAA rules will govern payment of all arbitration fees. The Company will pay all arbitration fees for claims less than $75,000. The Company will not seek its attorneys' fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines that your claim is frivolous.
- Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate. Either you or the Company may assert claims, if they qualify, in small claims court in Contra Costa (CA) or any United States county where you live or work. Either party may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Company’s products or the Company Service, or infringement of intellectual property rights (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
- No Class Actions. You may only resolve Disputes with the Company on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations aren't allowed under this Agreement.
- Judicial Forum for Disputes. In the event that the agreement to arbitrate is found not to apply to you or your claim, you and the Company agree that any judicial proceeding (other than small claims actions) will be brought in the federal or state courts of Contra Costa County, California. Both you and the Company consent to venue and personal jurisdiction there. We both agree to waive our right to a jury trial.
- Limitation on Claims. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the Company’s products or Services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose, or else that claim or cause of action will be barred forever.
- Relationship of the Parties. This Agreement does not, and will not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and the Company.
- Severability. Should any provision of these Terms of Service be found invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms shall still apply.
- Force Majeure. Neither Party will be liable for any failure or delay in performance under this Agreement (other than for delay in the payment of money due and payable hereunder) for causes beyond that Party’s reasonable control and occurring without that Party’s fault or negligence, including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of government, flood, fire, civil unrest, acts of terror, strikes or other labor problems (other than those involving the Company’s or your employees, respectively), computer attacks (by government/nation entities or otherwise) or malicious acts, such as attacks on or through the Internet, any Internet service provider, telecommunications or hosting facility. Dates by which performance obligations are scheduled to be met will be extended for a period of time equal to the time lost due to any delay so caused.
- Electronic Communications and Signatures. You agree to the use of electronic communication in order to enter into agreements and place orders, and to the electronic delivery of notices, policies and records of transactions initiated or completed through the Services. Furthermore, you hereby waive any rights or requirements under any laws or regulations in any jurisdiction that require an original (non-electronic) signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
DBK Ventures, Inc. dba Shanidar
226 Amherst Ave
Kensington, CA 94708
Support Our Mission
We are funded by grants and donations from users like you so no person or organization can influence our unbiased content.